The Island Packet and The Beaufort Gazette need your help to keep readers informed about the Lowcountry business community. When a new business hires or promotes someone, we want to know about it. Use this guide to give us the information we need.
Along with information you submit to us following the guidelines below, you might also wish to submit a portrait photograph of the employee for use as space permits. Please label the photo with the full name of the person pictured.
The Island Packet and The Beaufort Gazette’s weekly business section appears in Friday’s edition. Submissions must be received by 5 p.m. Monday for information to be published the following Friday.
Click here to send us the following information:
You can list the information or write a short news release that incorporates it in a narrative. Please tell us:
- Business name
- Business address
- Name of employee hired or promoted
- Employee's new job (title and a brief description of new duties; if a promotion, list previous job)
- Employee's background (such as education and professional background)
- What is your business about (in one or two sentences, describe services or goods sold)
- Name of business owner and/or manager
- Contact information and phone number
- If you'd like to send a portrait photograph, to run as space is available, don't forget to attach it to your email. Please indicate in the email body that a photo is being attached, and who it portrays.